Tuesday, June 24, 2008

From one end to the other

Hmmm...I just skimmed over my last blog and realized how long ago that seemed; it is just that my thoughts have literally changed course so drastically. I guess that would have to do with our amazing trip to the city and the crazy shit happening here in Nor Cal. First, I will tell you a little about our trip. We got to visit with the parents, Noel, and Scott for a few days. The original plan for the weekend (which involved a beer festival and meeting up with Arkansas friends) ended up falling through at the last minute, so we ended up taking a walking/drinking tour of Chinatown, downtown, and the SOMA districts of San Francisco for Friday night...lots of fun until I woke up at 8 the next morning with a horrible hangover. All I could think was, "Please don't let it be noon, right now!" (Our check out time). Luckily it was only 8 and after a few more hours of sleep I was ready for the day. We hung out in Golden Gate park all day on Sunday...there was all kind of stuff going on and so many people out that day. We looked at lots of art exhibits, visited the Japanese Tea Garden, listened to a little symphony, played on the beach, and enjoyed some good beer at a brewery that is at the end of the park. We got to celebrate father's day late with the parents and enjoy lots of good roast beast (beef). It started to get kinda crazy from here...the night before there was this really crazy lightening storm that started 840 fires in the area. It was pretty hazy in Santa Rosa, but as we headed north the smoke just kept getting thicker. It got so bad at one point that you couldn't even see the hills surrounding 101; we just listened the the public radio station the whole way up listening for any road closures or evacuations. Luckily, we made it home safely only to find out that the D E A and the F B I have set up shop in our area for some crazy week long bust. It just feels kinda crazy here with everyone freaking out about the fires and the busts going on. I don't even remember what the hell I was worrying about last week...

No comments: